It's Patry Francis day in the blogosphere

Last week I wrote about a fellow New England author, Patry Francis. Today her book Liar's Diary goes on sale in paperback. You can order yours here:

http://www.amazon.com/Liars-Diary-Patry-Francis/dp/0452289157/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201628230&sr=8-1

The reason we are all writing about Patry is simple. She was supposed to be starting a promotional tour today, but she got sick. And she's in the hospital instead. So several hundred authors have joined up to tell the world about Patry and Liar's Diary.

And it's working. As of this writing, her Amazon rank has surged from 80,000 to 2,000. And it's still climbing. Do your part - buy her book now. Buy mine too, while you're at it.

You can read my story about her here
http://jerobison.blogspot.com/2008/01/liars-diary-by-patry-francis.html

And her own blog is here:
http://simplywait.blogspot.com/

Comments

Stacy said…
Wow, her Amazon ranking changed that much? That's incredible.
Holly Kennedy said…
Patry's a sweetheart and her debut novel a real treat. I'm thrilled to be blogging for her today over at my site as well!
Amazing numbers at Amazon. Hell of a way to get them though. It's so cool that the writing blogosphere pulled together for this. Glad to be a part of it over at my place too.
Polly Kahl said…
I blogged on it too. It's amazing what a little organization and team spirit can do. It was a fun read and I hope everyone who hasn't read it does so soon.
Aisha said…
Hello,

I'm sorry for publishing this on your blog. I did not see an e-mail address.

I wanted to tell you that I just finished reading your book. I do not have asperger's but I used to teach children who had asperger's. Much of what you described I saw in many of my students. I'm an attorney now and I represent children some of whom have aspergers with education access issues. I bought your book to understand the children I work with.

I never thought that in reading your book I would see so much of myself. My parents were Pakistani immigrants and I did not know the social customs when I began school. I struggled most of my educational career with being teased and humiliated regularly because I never fully caught on to the way American culture worked and by the time I did, the children had a concrete image of me that I could not erase. One day I overheard a teacher tell my mother when I was five "she just likes to play alone" and you described a moment like that in your book and said that you NEVER felt that way... you just didnt know how to interact with others successfully. Though I did not have aspergers I experienced what you described. Hearing you feel that way in some way vindicated me for the way that I felt. I am not sure why... but it helped me to know that I was not alone in having difficulty understanding the world.

Things are different now. I've learned to interact much better. But I still do struggle sometimes in certain situations (I wont bore with you with the details) but like you said, over time you figure things out and it does get easier.

Thank you for sharing your story and putting a human face to aspergers. Thank you also for helping me feel less alone when recalling some of my loneliest childhood moments.

Aisha

aishacs@gmail.com
Chris Eldin said…
Interestingly, a friend sent me an email about this the same day I read about her on your blog.

Thanks for posting about her book!

And WOW! That jump is amazing!!
:-)
What an amazing surge in her ranking!

I just ordered Liar's Diary. (We already own your book - two copies) ;-)

Popular Posts